Norma Hutchins always sent her husband to the local Walmart in Bentonville, AR, to run errands, even though he hated going. Then one day in November of 2014, she received a letter from Walmart claiming that her husband was not welcomed back into the store.
This is what the letter said:
Dear Mrs. Hutchins,
Over the past six months, your husband, Robert Hutchins, has caused quite a disturbance in our store. Unfortunately, we cannot tolerate this behavior anymore and have been forced to ban him from the store. Our complaints against your husband, Mr. Hutchins, are listed below and are “documented by our video surveillance cameras”:
1. May 16, 2014: Went to the Service Desk and tried to reserve a bag of chips.
2. May 25, 2014: Set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to go off at 5-minute intervals.
3. June 9, 2014: Left a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to the women’s restroom.
4. June 21, 2014: Walked up to an employee and told her in an official voice, “Code 3 in Housewares. Get on it right away”. This caused the employee to leave her assigned station and receive a reprimand from her Supervisor.
5. July 4, 2014: Took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in other people’s carts when they weren’t looking.
6. July 12, 2014: Darted around the Store suspiciously while loudly humming the “Mission Impossible” theme.